You should do these things before buying a used car todayBauer | August 26, 2019 | 0 | Automotive
There are many good reasons why you should consider buying a used car–you’re having nostalgia, you have the budget, or you just need a second car. However, before you go to your favourite Brisbane automotive service centre to check out used cars, you need to remember that someone else used these units. The truth is you can’t easily know their driving habits.
This does not mean you should avoid used cars. On the contrary, they are a good buy if you are careful. A lot of used cars out there are quite a steal–you just have to exercise caution and use a few pointers in making the right choice.
How to find a good used car
While your favourite Brisbane automotive service centre has a great selection of second-hand cars, you can’t depend on this too much. You need to practice due diligence and determine whether or not a car is worth buying. Here are some things you can do:
- Assess your needs, your budget, and your preferences – Before you go used-car hunting, you should first narrow down your selection by writing down what type of car you need or want. Also, how much you can afford? This will help you keep your search localized to only the specifics that matter.
- Check online before going to actual yards – Some used car yards have sites that show you their models and their costs. You can search online for “car sale yards near me” to find sites that have such listings online. This will help you list down prospects before you even step out your door.
- Visit yards to check out inventory – aside from checking online, you can also look for the addresses of used car yards by typing in used cars dealer near me in your browser and listing down the addresses of the yards nearest you. You can then visit each one starting from the nearest to the farthest, or vice versa.
- Contact used car yards before visiting – to reduce the time you spend on inspecting car yards, you can also call them up before you visit them. After searching online for a used car dealership near me, check not only for the address but also for their phone number. You can then call them to ask about vehicles in your price range and the other specifics you listed down.
Of course, if you don’t want to go through all of these, simply contact your favourite Brisbane automotive service centre. Ask if they have newly delivered used vehicles. You can even ask them about their current stock, so you can know if they have what you need. You might even ask them to find the car you want.
When you have your list of vehicles to check, do these:
- Check the car’s mileage
- Check the paperwork
- Check the paint
- Bring a mechanic to check the engine
Once you’ve made your choice, you have three days to change your mind about your purchase. This is called the cooling-off period. This is the window of time you have for sticking with what you bought or returning it and looking for something else.
If you are looking for a reliable used car dealer in Brisbane, contact Brisbane City Automotive. They have a wide range of used cars for you to choose from, with brands such as Citroen, Peugeot, and Skoda all part of their inventory. To check out what they have, visit brisbanecityautomotive.com.au.